Lloyd Worrall has been supplying the building industry with its architectural hardware requirements since 1946.
Today Lloyd Worrall is part of Macnaughton Blair Architectural Division and comprises six regional companies located in Bury St Edmunds, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle upon Tyne, Sheffield and London-based Yannedis.
The name Worrall has been synonymous with the lock making industry of Willenhall (now known as the West Midlands) for seven generations.
An entry in Piggotts Trades Directory of 1735 reads “John Worrall Olde Fashioned rim lock maker at The Crescent Lock Works, Willenhall, Staffordshire”.
Established in 1946 and working from premises in Tebworth, Bedfordshire, Lloyd Worrall has grown to be one of the largest architectural ironmongers in the UK.
The first branch office opened in 1975 in Manchester. In the eighties, the Tebworth branch moved to Leighton Buzzard and later relocated to Milton Keynes. The early 1990s saw the beginning of the Group’s new expansion plan with the opening of branches in Bury St Edmunds and Newcastle upon Tyne. A branch in Sheffield followed, then the acquisition of Yannedis in London.
In 2008 the Lloyd Worrall business was acquired by Northern Ireland based Macnaughton Blair Ltd, part of Grafton Group plc – a major building material and services supplier operating in the UK and Ireland.
The success of Lloyd Worrall has been founded on a philosophy of selling competitively priced, good quality products which is backed by a level of service and a management function that we believe is second to none.
In each branch, independent contract management teams focus on interpreting client needs and providing advice in selecting the right products by working with the specifier as a partner to achieve the best possible results.