Lloyd Worrall has recognised that during recent years it has become increasingly evident that the continuing pollution of the environment could endanger the quality of life of future generations.
Governments and other influential organisations in many countries are now more aware of the impact of past ignorance regarding the requirement for environmental controls – the sensitivity of this now demands higher standards from us all.
In recognition of this Lloyd Worrall has developed an Environmental Strategy which ensures the best possible methods are used within our organisation.
Lloyd Worrall are committed to the following:
- The continual improvement of our environmental management system in the prevention and reduction of pollution.
- To promote the conservation and sustainable use of natural resources, such as fossil fuels and water wherever practicable.
- To reduce the amount of waste products wherever possible and increasing the amount of recyclable materials via our Supply Chain and Branch Network.
- The development of new products, such as cleaner technology, which enable our customers to comply with the require legislation and best practice.
- Improving the environmental awareness of our staff and customers through training and awareness campaigns.
- The company will not source any materials prohibited under appendix 1 of the Convention of International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) together with the Forest’s Law Enforcement Governance and Trade (FLEGT).
- Timber products, wherever possible, are supplied in accordance with the traceability standards set out by the Forests Stewardship Council (FSC), Pan European Forest Certification (PEFC) and the Rainforest Alliance.